Health Information Management | identify
Leverage insights with a clinic-driven revenue cycle
It is important that healthcare organizations have an effective way to manage information that is part of a patient’s healthcare journey and subsequently influences reimbursement. that’s why Health Information Management Cerner (HIM) connects to the Electronic Health Record (EHR) to enable access to near real-time information. This connection allows organizations to monitor and support health information electronically for a complete medical record. By leveraging accurate documentation through a clinic-focused revenue cycle, coding staff can strive to avoid delays, protect against audit risk, and focus on bigger issues. complex and strategic quality initiatives.
Coding Staff Workflow Efficiency
Our HIM solutions move the coder from a fragmented workflow in multiple systems to a seamless connection within the Cerner EHR. The Cerner coding product works with industry leaders, including 3M and Optum, to connect their content, aggregation, and editing capabilities to the coding workflow.
Cerner’s coding staff workflow efficiency allows you to:
- Drive coding task queues from clinical events, including orders, results, and documentation
- Improve workflow in custom views using clinical coding summary
- Fix changes at code time with near real-time load logging into the coder workflow
- Link clinical impairment management to final uncoded output (DNFC)
Cerner HIM solutions help automate record-filling activities within a single medical record.
Our chart completion workflow allows you to:
- Notify physicians of missing documentation based on system triggers
- Facilitate seamless communication between suppliers and HIM in the event of incomplete documentation with connection to the Cerner Message Center
- Track the completion and authentication of all documents and orders in the EMR, regardless of storage type, including scanned and electronic documents
Publication of information
Cerner’s release of information is integrated with the EMR, allowing for a streamlined flow to track and respond to inquiries
Our information dissemination workflow allows you to:
- Support the information dissemination process while connected to the EMR to enable activities to be performed more efficiently. We have one-stop processing and graphing.
- Enable HIPAA Privacy Compliance with Disclosure Workflow
Cerner is working with Optum and 3M to provide seamless use of their encoder solutions using APIs to communicate near real-time data.
Cerner supports the standard HL7 interface with Computer Aided Coding (CAC) and Clinical Documentation Enhancement (CDI) solutions.
Revenue Cycle Management Offerings