State, county seeking IT leadership and technical expertise
California state and county governments are hiring for a variety of IT positions, including one key leadership position and three specialized positions.
the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) is looking for a deputy director (Career Executive Assignment) for Operations and Support, which is part of the Department’s Enterprise Information Services (EIS) division. Job responsibilities include supervising all IT staff throughout CDCR and “the management, operations, continuous improvement and system enhancements of statewide technology systems in support of operations and management of the CDCR”, the job offer said.
Main duties of the position, according to the job offer and declaration of dutyinclude:
- Assume responsibility for the formulation, implementation and evaluation of departmental policies and programs related to enterprise technology operations. This includes providing statewide IT leadership in collaboration with oversight agencies and other state information officers; cooperate with California Correctional Health Care Services, federal and state agencies, local jurisdictions, private correctional service providers, and representatives of the state legislature; and leading the negotiation of “sensitive and controversial political issues for the CDCR”.
- Oversee production operations and support for the largest and most critical systems and the infrastructure they run on, including some that tie into other state, county, and local systems. The role also includes overseeing application operations, the corporate network, end-user devices, the collection, integration, analysis and dissemination of data insights, and computer operating process within CDCR adult facilities, Juvenile Justice and Parole Division facilities.
- Recommend, review and authorize employee growth and maturation plans and ensure that managers, supervisors and staff are focused on “the business outcomes impacted by the technology and not just the technology itself”, including including security, offender rehabilitation, cost containment and improved business operations.
The position has an annual salary range of $12,028 to $13,657 and the application deadline is March 10.
the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) is looking for a cloud architect (IT Specialist III) to oversee the development and implementation of the cloud framework and methodology and to make recommendations on cloud policies, compliance and current and new cloud IT developments. According to job offerthe Architect “acts as the cloud solutions architect at the mastery level in the evaluation and selection of technology standards/governance processes to ensure that cloud solutions are aligned with the strategic goals and objectives of the CDSS”.
The Architect works with IT personnel from other service areas to ensure the development of cost-effective solutions to meet customer business needs and align solutions with service offerings. In addition, the architect will participate in the modernization of CDSS technology systems through the development of processes and policies surrounding cloud architecture and will be the main advisor on architecture practices and methodologies.
More details can be found in the declaration of duty for the position, which has a monthly salary range of $8,488 to $11,375. The application deadline is February 18.
the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS) is recruiting for a cloud solution architect (IT Specialist III) to serve as an industry expert in cloud computing solutions and to provide strategic technical leadership, direction and expertise on the development and formulation of technology strategy and policy supporting projects and cloud-related initiatives from CalSTRS.
The Cloud Solution Architect “performs a variety of highly complex, mission-critical functions requiring unique mastery-level skills to lead and direct cloud architecture and technical teams to effectively develop technology solutions that support cloud-native services and integration with the CalSTRS application ecosystem”, the job offer said. “The Cloud Solution Architect leads by example,” he adds, working hands-on designing, developing, and integrating cloud-native services and solutions with CalSTRS’ application ecosystem. . “The incumbent must be able to promote and demonstrate the business value of new cloud solutions, develop pilots and lead teams for scaling and production.”
More details on this role can be found in the declaration of duty. The position has a monthly salary range of $8,488 to $11,375, and the application deadline is February 21.
Nevada County, northeast of Sacramento, is recruiting for a senior network systems analyst to play a key leadership role, with responsibility for the development, implementation and management of county-wide network infrastructure, telephony and cybersecurity systems.
“The selected candidate will provide insight and recommendations to the Information Systems Management team on product roadmaps, security threats and mitigations, capacity requirements, and provide status feedback. current infrastructure,” said the job offer said. “Candidates will participate in ad-hoc solution development teams as subject matter experts to deliver connectivity and security solutions and respond to day-to-day problem reports from team members and end users. This position partners with other senior analysts to collaborate and plan strategic information systems needs.”
Candidates should be good communicators and creative and strategic thinkers with strong analytical skills. Candidates should have experience designing and administering enterprise networks and have knowledge of operating systems and network hardware, preferably:
- Aruba/HP Enterprise networking hardware
- Palo Alto Firewall
- Barracuda Safety Equipment
- Mitel VoIP Phones
- Using the Command Line and Asset Management Tool
- Advanced LAN and WAN concepts
- Understanding of the OSI network model
- POE, VLAN, VoIP
- Advanced IP routing technologies (RIP, OSPF, BGP)
- Network technologies such as TCP, Multicast, FTP, NTP, SMTP, DNS
- Network security principles, including firewalls and access control lists
Ideal candidates will also be familiar with VMware virtualization and Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite and Visio diagramming software, and FedRAMP, FIPS 140, NIST, IRS and other state/federal. regulations.
More details about this position are available online. The position has an annual salary range of $91,427 to $111,613, and the application deadline is February 21.